Caught in Your Unbreakable Grip


Solitude at the Shore

Two figures, a man and a woman, stand a short distance apart on a rooftop at night, with a city skyline visible in the background. A subtle, glowing line visually connects them, symbolizing a strong, unseen pull.
Just when I think of walking away, a call, a text, pulls me right back in.
Why, my love, why, this unbreakable grip?



The Unruly Enchantment

Hey sweetie,

Even though you treat me so unruly, 

I just can't seem to get you out of my system. 

It's a torment, truly, with every pleasurable moment you give. 

Just when I think of giving up or I'm ready to walk away, 

a call or a text pulls me right back in.

Why, my love, why? 


The Magnetic Pull

Just when I think of giving up or I'm ready to walk away, 

to find a path where shadows do not lie,

 a call or a text pulls me right back in,

 a sudden, potent force I can't deny.

 Like tides to the moon, I'm drawn back to your light, 

a gravitational pull, both fierce and bright. 

My resolve, a fragile thing, begins to fray,

 dissolving in the promise of another day.


Lingering Question

Why, my love, why?

 This hold you have on me, 

this sweet addiction, wild and undefined. 

A mystery in passion, for all to see, 

a constant echo resonating in my mind. 

Though reason whispers warnings in my ear, 

my heart, enamored, simply holds you near. 

Bound by a connection, strong and deeply wrought, 

a love, despite its chaos, fiercely sought.



Comments

  1. well sometimes, he acts like I don't exist and when I do make up my mind to give up he start playing with my thoughts all over again and I love him so that I keep on giving him opportunities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please read and share your views with me each one will deeply appreciate


      Delete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts!

What moments of stillness or beauty did this poem inspire in you?
Share your reflections below.