Urge


Night's Unlit Path of Thought


A woman in a nightgown paces restlessly in a dimly lit bedroom, her hands clasped, conveying a sense of longing and anticipation.
With every passing moment, the body aches and the core begs.
 A restless yearning in the quiet of night, patiently awaiting your return.


Unruly Yearning

I was in mood to misbehave. 

I told him so while he was at work.

 He later laid out his terms, and I accepted.

 But the moment we hung up, I returned with these words:

"Yes, you spoke, but with every passing moment.


The Irrepressible Ache

my body aches for your touch. 

My very core can't seem to stand still; 

she just keeps on begging. 

The more I try to keep her at bay,

to quell this vibrant fire, to make my spirit wait,

the more she calls out your name,

a siren's song, a wild, insistent fate.


A Battle Within

My thoughts, a tangled thread, unwinding in the dark,

each one a vivid image, leaving its potent mark.

I pace the silent rooms, where shadows softly creep,

and conjure your returning in the moments I can't sleep.



Comments

  1. was in a very awkward position
    at the moment so I just tell him
    as it is

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts!

What moments of stillness or beauty did this poem inspire in you?
Share your reflections below.