The Rhythm of Clearing: Finding Peace in the Midst of Daily Chaos

 

The Rhythm of Clearing

This morning's reflection found me unexpected. I had seen this same beautiful moth twice over the last week—once catching a fleeting glimpse, and another time watching her fly past me and out the window. Today, she returned. She stayed completely still on my wall, allowing me to finally look at her and capture her presence before she gracefully let go and fell to the floor. She came purely to deliver a final message of peace, and then she departed.

A two-panel vertical collage showing the transition of a patterned moth. The top panel features the moth resting completely still on a pale green wall. The bottom panel shows the same moth lying on its back on light-colored floor tiles next to a wooden baseboard, symbolizing a gentle release and letting go.


Yesterday morning, my hands were in the soil,

plucking dead leaves from the flowers,

clearing away the dried-up weights

to let the living green breathe again.

I didn't know it then,

but my spirit was practicing.

By midday, the aisle was crowded with heavy things—

cluttered boxes, a wall of silent space,

and the cold static of unsaid words.

But because I had already cleared the garden,

I knew exactly what to do.


I saw the tension not as a barrier,

but simply as dead leaves in my path.

With a humble posture and a quiet heart,

I lifted the weight, cleared the walkway,

and returned straight to my own rhythm.

Now, the morning wall holds a final lesson.

The tiny visitor who anchored my sunrise

has let go, falling softly to the floor.


No struggle, no noise, just a gentle release.

From the garden to the crowded aisle,

to the quiet tile below,

the message is the same:

We do the groundwork, we protect our peace,

and we gracefully let go of what is dead,

so that we can keep blooming.


Comments