Counting the Walls: A Poem on Moving On and Gratitude


Two boxes left to tape, and a heart full of gratitude for the shelter that helped me bloom. 📦✨ Read the full poem on the blog!


 The Final Boxes


Two taped moving boxes sit on a clean wood floor near a sunlit window. In the foreground, a vibrant green potted plant, a small vintage compass, and an open journal with a pen reflect a peaceful transition and the anticipation of new beginnings.


I count the walls that held my quiet grace,

The shelter where I bloomed and learned my name.

There is no lingering regret inside this space,

Just gratitude for how far I have came.

Two boxes left to tape upon the floor,

A life neatly folded, patient and still,

Waiting to step beyond this open door,

To trace the horizon past the green hill.

I leave a blessing on the timber frame,

And hand the key back to the silent land—

For every room I enter, non-the-same,

I carry my own rhythm in my hand.

Comments