The Threshold and the Keys: Growth Lives Here

 

The Threshold and the Keys

By: Humble Love



An artistic daily reflection card in English and French titled "RÉFLEXION QUOTIDIENNE". The top displays the headline "La Croissance Habite Ici. / Growth Lives Here." In the center, an illustration shows a bare foot stepping onto gray ground next to a pile of rusty metal keys, set against an open wooden archway revealing a tropical ocean and mountain landscape. Below, text reads "Je lâche prise et j'embrasse l'opportunité. / I release control and embrace opportunity." A brown banner at the bottom prompts viewers to visit the Ko-fi gallery.


I walked into the quiet shadow

of a place time had left behind,

seeking only a moment to exhale,

to empty what was heavy in my mind.

My bare feet pressed against the earth,

unaware of what lay hidden in the rust,

until metal met the sole of my step—

a sudden gift resting in the dust.

Not lost to the ocean sand or tide,

but waiting inside an old, forgotten wall,

a cluster of keys weathered by years,

answering an unuttered call.

I release the urge to hold the reins,

I surrender the need to pave the way.

For growth lives here, in silent places,

where unexpected doors begin to sway.


Comments