I Wish I wasn't


Waking to the Soft Glow

A Moment of Reflection in the Early Morning Hours.


A solitary figure in a dark coat stands in a barren landscape under a muted twilight sky, conveying deep introspection and sadness.
I wish I wasn't bound by thought and sight.
No longer wishing to witness the harsh spin,
but longing for peace in the fading light.




The Weight of Unchosen Being

I wish I wasn't here, within this skin, 

A silent witness to the world's harsh spin. 

I wish I wasn't bound by thought and sight, 

Awake to sorrow in the fading light.


I wish I wasn't burdened by the past, 

A shadow clinging, built to always last. 

I wish I wasn't plagued by doubt and fear, 

A constant whisper only I can hear.


A Silent Echo of What Could Be

I wish I wasn't drawn to what's undone, 

A restless spirit, never truly won.

 I wish I wasn't searching for a peace, 

That seems forever just beyond my reach.


And in this wish, a quiet ache resides, 

For other paths where different fortune guides. 

A breath, a flicker, then the moment flies, 

Leaving behind the "wasn't" in my eyes.



Comments